Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Baked Macaroni and Cheese

Ok...I've been making boxed mac n cheese made with the powdered (!) cheese stuff for years...then, Oh Glory! they came out with boxed mac n cheese with a creamy cheese. But then, I went to my sister-in-laws and she made homemade mac n cheese. When I asked her about the recipe, I couldn't believe how simple it was to make! I no longer buy boxed mac n cheese and this recipe doesn't take that much longer to prepare!!

Homemade Macaroni and Cheese

1 box (16oz) elbow pasta or heck...shells, rotini, whatever!
16 0z (or more, depending how cheesy you want it) Velveeta cut into 1/2 inch slices Then cut the slices in half.
1 cup milk (2%)
2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Optional
Ritz crackers
Butter

Preheat oven to 400.

Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain. Pour half of pasta in a 9X13 baking dish. Layer slices of Velveeta on top. Pour rest of pasta on the Velveeta. Pour milk in dish with pasta and cheese. Spread shredded cheddar cheese on top. If you like the Ritz/Cracker topping like my family does, spread this on top last. Pop in the oven for about 30 min. Voila!! Delicioso!!


No comments:

Post a Comment