Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pasta Pie! Mamma Mia!

My kids are pasta fanatics.  Lasagna, spaghetti, manacotti....doesn't matter. Cover it with  sauce and meat and they're good to go.

So, I decided to break away from the ho-hum simple spaghetti and try Martha Stewart's Pasta Pie....modified to fit my busy schedule! This will take about 1/2 hour from start to finish. 


You'll need
1 lb Rigatoni Pasta,
1 jar Pasta Sauce
1 lb ground beef, Browned and drained of fat.  Make sure there are no big clumps
2 cups mozzerella

This works best with a springform pan.  A 1 lb bag of rigatoni fit perfectly in my 9" pan.

Boiled pasta till done, drain then rinse in cold water.


I sprayed my pan with cooking spray, just to ensure that the pasta doesn't stick.   Assemble Rigatoni in your pan, standing up so you can see down the holes. 


Add pasta sauce to browned ground beef. And mix well.  Spoon this sauce over the pasta, making sure the meat sauce gets into the holes.  I just poked it in the holes using my finger (washed finger, of course!).


Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes.  Add 1-1 1/2 cup of mozzerella on top and place back in oven for about 10-15 minutes. If you're using a springform pan,  run a knife around the edges to loosen before unmolding.  Cut into wedges and serve with remaining sauce and cheese.



Amazing, huh? The kids oohed and awwed! And I patted myself on the back! Another job well done :)

1 comment:

  1. YUM.  My kids would go gahgah over that too I bet. Boy will they be surprised when I serve that up!

    ReplyDelete